Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yay! Snow!

I was fully expecting to wake up to snow this morning, but no such luck.  I know my friend Zani thinks I am crazy as winter is my favourite season, but what's not to love?!  I touched snow for the first time in November 2010, in Portugal.  I was like a child, running round and catching flakes on my tongue, laughing and crying!  An unforgettable moment.  I took some great photos of that time which you can see on my travel blog 
(http://gypsy-lee.travellerspoint.com/35/ and http://gypsy-lee.travellerspoint.com/51/)

We were warned of an intense cold front which would hit the Western Cape on Wednesday, moving up north, to arrive in our valley on Thursday, together with forecasts of snow on the mountains.  YAAAAY!!!  Was I thrilled!

We didn't really get any here, but I took these pics on the way to Worcester yesterday.


  

BUT .......

Last night was the coldest I have been in South Africa.  No warm body next to me, no heater, no fire! So contrary to the norm, I wore PJs, socks, a soft snoesie dressing gown, blanky below, blanky above, duvet and thick blanket, plus a warm pashmina wrapped around my head!!!  Not exactly The Vamp, but I eventually fell asleep, quite snug!

No comments: