Monday, October 6, 2008

a most wondrous, magic moment....


I had a very beautiful encounter today. Started my newest mural project, painting Hannah Montana on a little girl's wall and butterflies, bees, dragonflies and other lovely "goggas" (South African for insect) on a her baby sister's wall. As I finished the rough sketch, I noticed a buzzing in the room. I was surrounded by about 12 bees who seemed to be checking out what I had created. I love these industrious workers so didn't panic. But how to get them out - there were plenty more outside so I had to close the door. I just started humming/singing in a rather high pitched tone and called them to me - here's the magic, the wondrous thing - slowly, but surely, one by one, the bees came to the door where I stood and allowed me to let them out...........it took a while, but I was enraptured by the incredible connection I made with them. Weird??? For sure!!!! But a stunning experience!


As my beekeeper/drummer extraordinaire/craftman friend Piet Aarde said, it's"BzzZZzz concsiousnezzZzzZ"

No comments: