Monday, October 4, 2010

BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!! 12 - 28 August 2010

OH MY WORD!! What a place....it is just quite magical. A stunning lake, the most inspiring creations and a ragged band of wonderful eclectic people that I will share space with over the next 3 weeks. I set up home in Thelia's 1-man tent just outside the main backstage camp.

Boom is an incredible experience....lots of hard physical work....so Marjo our months of not getting to ride bike\walk as often as we want to were a hidden blessing!!! I made up for that in the 1st week at boom!! Lots of hard walking and heavy physical work!! Working in very high temps was at times unpleasant (42 one weekend), but then I could just stroll down to the stunning clear lake and take a dip whenever required....have a very good almost all-over tan!!! The only down side of boom for me, and most of the people I spoke to was that it started as a trance party way back when, but has evolved into more organic music and healing as well. However the trance music permeates through everything and you cannot get away from it, even if you had a peaceful meditation in the Pudja tent - it was still there. So quality and quantity of sleep seriously affected. The last 2 nights were bliss though - only the sounds of nature. All the stuff that was happening was incredible - workshops on raising our awareness, consciousness, connecting more with the Creator, wonderful healing therapies - I had a Watsu session which was a profound experience. I have made friends with some incredible people and have invitations to visit them all over.

There is much activity at Boom...lots to do..time running by fast. I work with Tiago mostly, and Valentina...getting bios of the 35 odd healers together. Who would have thought that I would travel to Boom and be sitting behind a PC again!! Monkey shows his tricks...but I didn't...it just happened that way. Some days I really need to escape from the heat of the container and the machine...then I go off and help Thelia with her mind-blowing creations...what talent.

We have the most delish raw food restaurant and a wonderful team supplying the good food...thanks guys...Suzanna, Hugo, Matilde and those whose names I never got...you are stars.

Some days are really hard but there is always some peace to tap into...until the festival starts.....DARN IT!!! The trance music from the main dance floor permeates through everything...there is just no escape...and there is is Anti-Boom as well....the rebels that felt the need to counteract Boom??? Weird stuff!! I eventually resort to Prestik in my ears. I just can't handle the energy that was at the main dance area...not in my body an definitely not in my spirit. And I wasn't the only one.

Sacred Fire next door has much cooler music...live..organic..more pleasing to the soul. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??!! I get to see Ganga Giri live....now that was a WOW!!!

Boom and all that it is is just quite awesome....I felt I was living in Mad Max and the Thunderdome visiting Stargate!!

No comments: